With the fall season officially kicking off this weekend and the weather starting to cool, we have one thing on our mind. Apple. Pie. Because let’s be honest, is there anything better than a fresh warm apple pie in the fall? We don’t think so!
Not only is apple pie a fall staple, but it’s also super easy to make!
You will need:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 to 7 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
1 tablespoon butter
1 large egg white
Time to Create!
1. In a small bowl, combine the sugars, flour and spices and then set aside. In a large bowl, toss cut apples with lemon juice. Add sugar mixture from small bowl and toss to coat.
2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust and trim even with edge.
3. Fill with apple mixture and then add dots of butter
4. Roll remaining crust out to fit top of pie and place over filling
5. Trim, seal and flute (press to make look fancy) the edges, then cut slits in the top crust and don’t be afraid to get creative!
6. Beat egg white until foamy and brush over crust.
7. Sprinkle sugar on top, cover the edges loosely with foil, and pop your pie in the oven!
8. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 20-25 minutes longer.
9. Cool on a wire rack.
Finally, cut that pie and enjoy!