CREAMY CUCUMBER SALAD WITH SOUR CREAM DRESSING
Creamy cucumber salad is one of our favorite summer side dishes. The sour cream dressing and fresh dill are a perfect compliment to the crisp cucumbers.
It’s great for picnics and grilling – or simply using up the bounty of summer cukes! The prep work takes just a few minutes, and it can be made ahead.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: side dish
- 8 cups sliced cucumbers
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed or 3 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- black pepper to taste
- Thinly slice the cucumbers and toss with salt in a colander. Allow to drain for about 30 to 60 minutes.
- To make the creamy dressing, mix together the sour cream, vinegar, dill, sugar, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine the cucumbers (and onions, if using) and sour cream dressing in a large bowl. Toss gently to coat the cucumbers with the dressing. Add extra salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Serve immediately, or hold up to 4 hours in the refrigerator. Stir well before serving and refrigerate any leftovers.
- The salad will keep a few days in the refrigerator, but more water will separate from the cucumbers with longer storage.